Friday 25 August 2017

21 - 24 January

There are no entries for these dates.  I don't know why I did not write anything down.  Not much happened anyway.  Mostly just a lot of wandering around Buenos Aires.  

One notable thing did happen and that was when I went to buy my plane ticket from an outlet at a hotel I started speaking in horribly butchered Spanish. Thankfully I was stopped by the clerk who said, "We speak English."  I told him what ticket I wanted but my credit card was declined. Very embarrassing.  I told him I would sort it out and be back.  

In Buenos Aires there are internet cafes which also have phone booths.  I called my bank and was told my credit card and others had been cancelled because the information had been hacked. It wasn't my fault.  After pleading to the operator about my situation he agreed to reactivate the credit card and authorise the one payment for the airplane ticket.

Also at some point in Buenos Aires I happened upon a really snazzy jazz club.  I walked in and stood in the back until the song finished.  Then I got a table and a beer.  A couple from Brazil joined me after the show.  So did an American guy. We shared a bottle of wine. I remember the American guy said he had always wanted to drive to South America. So this must have been before I wrecked my car. He also gave me his email address.

I see in my files that I do not have a lot of Buenos Aires pictures.  This is really surprising to me. I cannot explain it.

Walking around the city I noticed all the graffiti so I decided to take as many pictures of that as I could. 

January 21





January 22



January 23

No comments:

Post a Comment