Saturday 24 June 2017

11 November 2010

I woke up this morning at 4:30 because all the girls in the room woke up to catch busses. I didn’t leave until 10 and I decided on going to Pedasí, a small coastal town. At Las Tablas I made a turn towards Tonosí but this took me way out of the way on a road not on my map. A twisting road through mountains so fertile and green I thought I was in Scotland or New Zealand.

At Tonosí I gave a guy a ride after asking for directions to Pedasí. He was probably only 15.  Pedasí sucks. The hostel I was going to stay at turned me away for some reason even though the old lady initially said she did have a bed.  I didn’t understand at her at all. So I got a more expensive room for thirty-three dollars.

After measuring my car I headed to a cafe for dinner and wi-fi. The waitress made no effort to serve me. I had to walk up to the bar to order. A coke here in a can is $1.70!!!!  That is outrageous.

Most importantly however, there are no beaches. I thought the town was on the beach but it’s not. This defeats the whole purpose of coming here. I sent out emails asking for quotes to ship the car. Tomorrow I will be in Panama City. I should’ve done that in the first place. After the Costa Rican jungle fiasco I purposed not to take any side-trips. This side-trip has just been a waste of time and money and hasn’t provided a fun diversion or helped achieve my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment