Monday 28 August 2017

My Camera

Even though I took a lot f pictures on this trip I am surprised at how many pics I did not take.  For instance there are only two pictures of the interior of the ship that sailed to Antarctica.  And there are no pictures of the subway in Buenos Aires.  There are also hardly any pictures of the food I ate or the places I stayed.

I had thought about buying a camera before I left the USA.  A nice 15 megapixel digital thing to take pictures of the journey of a lifetime. While wandering Best Buy I decided against it.  Not just because of the prices or the risk of getting an expensive device stolen. Using my phone would be more aesthetically in tune with the genius of the trip which was not showing off but getting away and not telling anyone.  Of course I told everyone I was leaving and now my journal is online but still that  was never the point.  I was never driving to make a blog about it or a big show of it or any of that. Part of my ever evolving original plan was to drive to Chile and live there.

I think the pictures turned out well for what I was using.  And keep in mind the goal of taking pictures was not to take the clearest most awesome picture with the sharpest image. It was to document the trip.  To be my second pair of eyes or memory. 

This is the phone I used.



The model is an LG Versa. Pretty good phone.  Decent photos.  2 megapixel camera.  Verizon paused services while I was away and I had zero capacities on this phone to call or text while I was out of the country. 

However I did receive this curious text message while I was in Peru.


You won't get a message like that on a digital camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment