Tuesday 20 June 2017

06 November 2010

The road from Dominical to Uvita was mostly cleared. The tree that was blocking the road where I turned around yesterday turned out to be a mudslide. But even if that had not been there I would still have had to turn back just outside of Uvita because a large section of the highway had collapsed leaving a large gaping hole. So it was back to Dominical to the road to San Isdiro. This road twisted up through the misty jungle mountains and down to the central valley where the rain had let up and the blue sky was showing in places. Finally after a week of rain there was some peace. The drive down the Pan American Highway was stop and go due to the numerous mudslides and clean up affairs. At one section a semi was stuck and bent over in thick mud. Just past Buenos Aires the road was blocked and I was told that it would not be cleared until tomorrow so I headed back to Buenos Aires and got a room. It is much nicer than anywhere I have stayed  in a while. The room yesterday was not fully enclosed. Half of the wall was a chain-link fence with only a curtain to protect from the elements. This meant the extreme humidity kept everything drenched and wet. I emailed a proposal to Ford this afternoon asking for help crossing the Panama Canal. Tonight I watched the entire 4 hours of Che parts 1 & 2. Interesting film.





No comments:

Post a Comment