Wednesday 21 June 2017

07 November 2010

Leaving Buenos Aires I waited almost two hours (or so it seemed) to cross where I couldn’t yesterday. I met two people driving from New York City in an old VW van. They are from Holland and are shipping their van back to holland when they get to Panama City. The problem blocking the road was a massive mudslide/river in the road but I got through it okay. Though I had to take a detour and drive through the winding mountain road through San Vito to Ciudad Neilly. The way down the Mountain opened up to an incredible view of the low lying coastal areas. 






Outside of Neilly I hit a pothole and my car stopped. I stopped in front of a house where two fat guys were spray painting a bus white. I asked for gas and they had none. But a taxi driver friend of theirs pulled up and I asked him to help me get gas. But that wasn’t the problem so we went to get a mechanic. He ended up taking the backseat out to access the fuel pump and jerry-rigged some wiring so I could drive back to his shop. At the shop he fixed the problem so I drove down to Golfito. I came to a bar/restaurant (but there’s no restaurant anymore) and its’s apparently a gringo bar but I needed the internet. This guy Glenn, another balding ex-marine, is jealous of me and very vocal about it. He would like to come with me on my trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment