Friday 18 August 2017

13 January 2011

Jordan said to wait for him and we would clean the car together but check out time was in an hour so I started without him. I emptied the car and brushed the dust off each object. Then I used the hostel’s vacuum to clean the interior. After that I used some wipes I had to clean all the hard surfaces. The amount of dust was unbelievable. I think it got in from a hole in the spare tire compartment. Tal having her window cracked certainly helped also. There was even dust in the glovebox. I was nearly done when Jordan appeared and when Tal finally decided to help out. I told them to empty out and clean the tool box.

We ate breakfast at Onda Azul, the Israeli farm hostel. Tal walked off with her laundry and to see if there were rooms at a place next door to the farm. Jordan and I played several rounds of Yaniv, an Israeli card game I learned in Antarctica. I won best of fifteen.


Tal and Jordan decided to camp at the hostel because no rooms were available and they really wanted to be at this farm and camping was the only option available. I took one of the beds Tal had reserved next door. While playing cards Jordan boiled a pot of Israeli coffee. It tasted like a musty library.

Horses near the hostel


There are three Israelis in the cabin I’m in. Two of them are sharing a bed. I took a late afternoon nap while they watched “The Return of the King”.

My body started to feel achy and tired deep in my bones like I was beginning to get real sick. I hope this is not the case. If I am sick I will stay tomorrow. If not I will probably drive to Bariloche.

This place is called La Isla. Their wi-fi is horrible. So is the wi-fi at Onda Azul. The guys here do not have any rolling papers to make a joint so they carefully emptied a cigarette, stuffed it full of weed, and ripped off the cotton filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment