Tuesday 13 June 2017

20 October 2010

This morning at 5:46 a.m. I was woken by the crow of a rooster but I was able to fall back asleep for another hour and a half. On the way to the Nicaraguan border I was stopped by the transit police three times. The first two times they searched my car and the third time the cop wanted money for some imaginary fine and infraction. It took me a while to realize this before I told him I had no money to give him. Then he gave me my papers back and let me go.


The border was uneventful. I bought insurance for $12 and gave the tramitador $5 for his help.

Rented a room at the Bearded Monkey Hostel and walked around Granada. Visited the Cocoa Museum and had chocolate tea. Walked thought the market and bought a new band for my watch, a converter for my lap top plug from three prongs to two, and duct tape. The market was crowded with all kinds of food products, hygiene products, and bootleg DVDs being sold. I regret not buying Wall-E 2 which was Short Circuit repackaged. I turned the corner and a guy shouted out laughing “Osama bin Laden!”

  





Grenada is an old crumbling city with narrow streets. There are no stop signs or stop lights. People are everywhere as are horse carriages. It is a lively place. For dinner I ate at a place called Imagine. It is a John Lennon themed restaurant. I met a guy from Chicago who plays guitar here and also lives here.


No comments:

Post a Comment