Wednesday 28 June 2017

17 November 2010

It turns out the guy I met yesterday, Joelson, is the guy whose container I’m sharing. So after all the final paperwork and instructions I started off to Colón. But not before visiting the Mira Flores Locks. The drive was incredibly easy and I can’t believe how stupidly I got lost yesterday. I watched the introductory film and then went to the observation deck and there was Rachel. I knew I was going to meet her there.

Bridge to Panama City

We watched a large Grecian oil tanker navigate through the locks and then I dropped her off at the bus station. Last night I went out with guys form the hostel an we got stopped by the police who wanted to see our passports. No one had their passport and after some stalling they let us go. I told Rachel this as a warning to carry a copy everywhere. I also told her about the clown last night who practically ate 6 cigarettes at once. Lit cigarettes.





Last night I was out with Chris, Carne, and a Norweigan named Stian. Carne is a Brit. Chris is deep into conspiracy. Said he did surveillance on Alex Jones when he worked for the government. Said he helped set up data mining centers. Talked a lot about Bill Cooper. Said he, at 28, was a retired millionaire. Said something big’s going to happen in the U.S. by mid 2011. He’s very interesting in that respect. Also wholly without morals and has said so himself.

Colón is dirty and the traffic is the worst. No lights or signs. All go, go, go in a mad rush at every intersection. The Free Zone is a waste of time. Shops and all. I don’t want or need to shop. But I went back to Colón 2000 to Café Iguano to eat. The hotel restaurant sucks.  I had a club sandwich and fried octopus rings which were like onion rings except with octopus. 

Colón may have a high crime rate but they have bible verses at every intersection on Central Ave


I cannot find a flight I want to Cartagena online. I’ll just have to go to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment