Monday 26 June 2017

15 November 2010

Today I woke up early and took a cab to Seaboard Marine. They quoted me a price of $1200 to ship my car and sent me to Barwil Agency which is where I went Friday. But they gave me the correct address which is way out in the boonies across the bridge away from the city in Howard which is a former U.S. military base. I asked the cab to wait thirty minutes and then go if I didn’t return.

I was told tomorrow I must go to the police to get the car inspected and I must be there at 10 a.m. because they only do it between 10 and 11. I was given all the forms I needed and then sent on my way. It took about fifteen minutes but the taxi had already left. I was able to flag one down despite my remote location.

This girl Rachel had moved into the dorm this morning and we walked in the rain to Casco Viejo, old Panama. My shoes got soaked. We took in the view of Panama’s skyline and then walked around the town square before taking a cab to Panama Viejo which is the ancient older capitol of Panama.  There were plenty of ruins from the late 1500’s. Jesuit churches and a convent as well as the foundations of houses and other buildings.







No comments:

Post a Comment